1.1 Terms and conditions
The information on this site is subject to a disclaimer, a copyright notice, and rules on user-generated content and personal data protection.
The EUVP Alumni platform and its content have been produced by the Service for Foreign Policy Instruments (FPI) and the opinions expressed are those of the authors and do not represent the official position of the FPI, the European Commission or the European Union.
Content on this website is published in good faith and for general information purposes only.
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained on the site, the FPI, the European Commission, the European Union or any person acting on its behalf make no warranty and assume no legal liability – whether direct or indirect – or responsibility for its completeness or usefulness. The EUVP Alumni Platform will also endeavour to correct any inaccuracies brought to its attention.
Our website has links to third-party information providers who may or may not be affiliated with FPI, the European Commission or the European Union. We cannot make any warranties as to the accuracy, reliability or security of information contained on those sites, and accept no liability for damages resulting from the use of that information.
The information contained in this platform should not be considered as professional or legal advice on any particular matter. The EUVP Alumni platform does not consciously promote commercial or profit-generating content.
1.3 Copyright notice
© European Union, 1995-2017
Reuse is authorised, provided the source is acknowledged. The Commission’s reuse policy is implemented by the Decision of 12 December 2011, reuse of Commission documents [PDF, 728 kB].
The general principle of reuse can be subject to conditions which may be specified in individual copyright notices. Therefore, users are advised to refer to the copyright notices on individual websites maintained under Europa and in individual documents. Reuse is not applicable to documents subject to intellectual property rights of third parties.
1.4 User-generated content
You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for all user content that you make available on or through the EUVP Alumni platform. Accordingly, you represent and warrant that:
- you are either the sole and exclusive owner of the content that you make available on or through the platform or you have all rights, licenses, consents and releases that are necessary to grant to EUVP Alumni the rights on such user content, as contemplated under these Terms; and
- neither the user content itself, nor the posting, uploading, publication, submission or transmittal of the content (or any portion it), by you or the EUVP Alumni through the platform infringe, misappropriate or violate a third party’s patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, moral rights or other proprietary or intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy, or result in the violation of any applicable law or regulation.
EUVP Alumni reserves the right, at any time and without prior notice, to remove or disable access to user content that we, in our sole discretion, consider to be objectionable for any reason, in violation of these Terms or otherwise harmful to the platform or users. Namely, content can be removed in case it is inappropriate and it blatantly contravenes EU values and principles.
As said you own all of the content, feedback, and personal information you provide to EUVP Alumni, or you have all rights, licenses, consents and releases as per section (a) above, but you also grant EUVP Alumni platform non-exclusive permission to publish and use it. EUVP Alumni will honour the choices you make about who gets to see your information and content.
You are only granting EUVP Alumni platform the following non-exclusive license:
A worldwide, transferable and sub licensable right to use, copy, modify, distribute, publish, and process, information and content that you provide through the EUVP Alumni platform, without any further consent, notice and/or compensation to you or others. These rights are limited in the following ways:
- You can end this license for specific content by deleting such content from the platform, or generally by closing your account, except (a) to the extent you shared it with others as part of the platform and they copied or stored it and (b) for the reasonable time it takes to remove from backup and other systems.
- While EUVP Alumni platform may edit your content for consistency with the site’s format and style (such as translating it, modifying the size, layout or file type or removing metadata), we will not modify the meaning of your expression.
Moreover you agree that we may access, store and use information that you provide in accordance with the terms of the data protection statement. You agree that your profile information will be truthful.
You also agree that we are not responsible for third party (including other Members) content or information or for any damages resulting from your use of or reliance on it.
1.5 Personal data protection
The EUVP Alumni platform is committed to user privacy.
However, in some cases, personal information may be required in order to use some features, as explained below.
1. What information do we collect?
The information collected is the following:
- Registration to the directory as an individual user:
- Mandatory information: first name, family name, username, e-mail address, country, city, short personal description and organisation.
- Support requests/questions/feedback to EUVP Alumni platform:
- Mandatory information: name, e-mail address
2. Who has access to your personal data/who is it disclosed to?
Only registered uses can see your personal information.
As for the enquiries, they are stored through an online form set up by the EUVP Alumni platform operator, the Service for Foreign Policy Instruments (FPI).
No personal data is shared with third parties.
The EUVP Alumni platform may contain links to other websites whose information practices differ from this site. The FPI, the European Commission and the European Union cannot be held responsible for the privacy practices of these other sites. You should be aware of this when you leave the EUVP Alumni platform and we encourage you to read the privacy statements on other websites you visit, as we have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties.
3. How do we protect and safeguard your personal data?
Your personal information is treated according to Regulation No.45/2001 of the European Parliament and Council of 18 December 2000 on protection of individuals with regard to processing of personal data by Community institutions and bodies and free movement of such data.
4. How can you access, rectify or delete your personal data?
The right to access, rectify or cancel personal data shall be exercised pursuant to the above-mentioned Regulation No.45/2001 of the European Parliament and Council of 18 December 2000.
Should you have any queries about the processing of your personal data, both regarding access to data and rectification of these data, you are invited to send your request to the data processing operator: xxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx
Moreover, you may cancel your use of the EUVP Alumni platform and/or terminate your account at any time upon written request by e-mail to the above-mentioned data processing operator: xxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.
In the event your account is cancelled, we will also endeavour to delete your personal data and profile.
5.How long is your personal data kept?
The personal data you supplied and store on the platform will be deleted if your account is inactive for five years.
EUVP Alumni platform reserves the right to modify this privacy notice at any time. Any modification about this privacy notice will be updated on this website to inform users.